Château de l'Ile : Strasbourg & Alsace wine road
With its monumental cathedral featuring carvings as delicate as any piece of lacework, Strasbourg is one of Europe's most attractive cities. Thanks to the richness and sheer density of its heritage sites, the entire town centre has been listed as UNESCO World Heritage. Strasbourg is definitely well worth a visit, to discover its history, its cuisine and its unique atmosphere.
Cultural sites near the hotel
- Strasbourg city center is 8 kilometres away, with its pedestrian district, Cathedral, Petite France quarter
- The Wine route weaves its way through 170 km of vineyards and wine producing areas.
- The Chocolate Museum, 10 kilometres away. Discover all the secrets of chocolate
Leisure activities near the hotel
- The Vosges Nature Reserve 30 kilometres away : with its numerous walks and animal reserves...
- "Accrobranche" Centre on the hotel grounds, with tree climbing adventure routes for every level of skill
- Fort Golf course 10 kilometres away, a 9-hole course and practice centre
Not to be missed : Christmas markets
December in Strasbourg means, above all, the immense Christmas market, which has been existing for 444 years. Several hundreds of stall holders tempt the stroller with original gifts and traditional ornaments for decorating the tree and the nativity scene. There are also many treats to feast ourselves on : sweets, mulled wine, doughnuts...
more information on www.otstrasbourg.fr/en